MG Engineering Pty Ltd recognises our moral and legal responsibility to provide a safe and healthy work environment for employees and is, therefore, committed to conducting operations in a manner that will safeguard the health and safety of all employees, sub-contractors and visitors.
MG Engineering will:
- ensure compliance with legislative WHS requirements, codes of conduct, respective industry standards and applicable customer requirements
- provide adequate resources to maintain safe systems of work
- establish measurable objectives and targets to ensure continued improvement aimed at eliminating work-related injuries and illness, and improved WHS performance
- identify safety hazards, risk assess them and implement controls for operational processes through documented safe work method statements (SWMS) and for equipment through safe operating procedures (SWPs)
- identify safety hazards, risk assess them and implement controls at temporary sites through job safety/environmental analysis (JSEAs)
- provide relevant work health safety information, instruction, training and supervision to management, employees, sub-contractors and visitors as is necessary to ensure their safety
- consult with employees on work health safety issues
- provide support and resources to managers, supervisors and employees to help them fulfil their legal WHS duties and hold them accountable for fulfilling them.
To achieve our workplace safety objectives, we have implemented an Integrated Management System, which includes safety management requirements, and will maintain certification against AS 4801:2001.
All MG Engineering employees are responsible for:
- taking care of the health and safety of other people who might be affected by their work
- controlling and reporting any safety hazards they identify
- complying with all workplace safety procedures, rules and safe systems of work.
This Safety Policy applies equally to employees and sub-contractors when working on-site or at customers’ premises. Management fully endorse this Safety Policy and the Integrated Management System that has been implemented. It is the responsibility of all employees to ensure it is understood, implemented and maintained at all levels within the Company.
Policy approved in Management Manual (MM 1.1)